Thursday, September 25, 2008

Random Bits

Not much has been happening with the triathlon side of things lately. I am almost recovered from IM WI. I say almost because I found out I got a sprained ankle during the run and it is still a little tender and swollen. I have been sleeping in until a whopping 7:30am. I am beginning to miss masters and the people at masters, but I figure sleep is what I need right now.
As far as keeping myself busy, I have been trying to "winterize" my yard. When Mike and I bought our little house (more on that), I loved all the gardens it had. Now, with kids and training I just don't have time to keep up with them. So besides cutting back tons of flowers and pruning bushes I am also weeding weeds that are 3 feet tall!
Mike and I have also talked about moving. The problem is where. Our house is just too small for 4 of us - 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 650 sq ft. It was fine when it was just the 2 of us, but someone always has to use the bathroom when someone else is in it! So, we were thinking Maple Grove. However that is a little far for me to go to masters in the morning and back. We looked in Chaska, but that is way too far for Mike to drive downtown and will probably be far for me to drive when I eventually go back to work in a far years. I think I have it narrowed down to Shakopee, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins and Saint Louis Park. We do love the proximity to downtown, but the houses are old and we don't like the floorplans. We probably wouldn't put our house on the market until spring which is a bummer - there is no privacy in this house!
I have been debating about a pair of Zipp 404's that are on craigslist. I would like a set of race wheels, but was hoping for the 303's. Since I have 650cc wheels, there are not as many options for race wheels. Mike initially said at the middle of the summer I could maybe get a new bike. However, he now wants me do get better at running before we invest too much more in the sport. I can see where he is coming from and there is nothing wrong with my 2003 Cervelo. I know if I wait too long, someone will buy them. Maybe I will test them out this weekend.
I have been enjoying more quality time with family. However, I have found that I really did not miss all the much being gone on the weekends. I think my guilt over that will be almost gone by next tri season.

2 comments:

BreeWee said...

Go with the 404... the bigger the better, you can handle it.

Enjoy your weekends being a mom without all the LONG training... and hope your ankle gets better soon!

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

I have the 404's and I ride 650's. It is a just awful trying to change a flat with those small wheels but I feel so BIG on my road bike with 700 wheels. You will like the race wheels.
Glad you liked the new recipe...hodgepodge meal :)