Thursday, September 11, 2008

Short Term Goals

I know it has not even been a week since IMOO, but I am getting antsy. I need something to work towards, even if it is not racing. So, I have a few goals that will get me through the end of 2008.

1. Hit the weights. I would like a little more power in the legs and a little more upper body strength will not hurt for swimming!
2. Strengthen my lower back, core, and ankles. My back is what hurt the most on the bike and my ankles on the run.
3. Lose that last 15 pounds of body fat. I only raced one season for one race in 2003, but I was 15 pounds lighter and it was so much easier to run (the race I did, I ran 7:30min/mile, much better than now).
4. Start running again by October.

I still plan on swimming a few times a week and biking when I can. My trainer broke at the end of this summer, so I will need to get another one of those...

I am fortunate to have 2 days a week for 2.5 hours when my girls are in preschool to workout. At least on those days, I don't have to get up early!

2 comments:

juliemac said...

Awesome job at IM. So great to see you on the course smiling. your goals look great but remember recovery and rest are important now. enjoy this off season!!!

Jen said...

My youngest just started preschool 2 mornings a week from 9-12. It is HEAVENLY!

Enjoy your free time.