Friday, June 13, 2008

Speed workouts

This past week I did 2 speed workouts. For the first time, I went to the Gear West Track Workout on Tuesday night. I have not done a track workout since high school when I was on the track team for about a week my junior year! I was in the slowest group, but was still running 8 minute mile pace, which is good for me. My heart rate was at its max for the whole thing. I got home Tuesday night and, after a good night's sleep, I went to swim practice. We had a normal warm-up, then did drills and kicking relays. Then, came the speed workout again. We did 3X325's off the blocks at race pace. Normally this workout would not have been so bad, but I was still sore from the night before. And, I am still store today. Thank goodness I only had swimming today, I have a super long workout tomorrow - a 30 min open water swim, followed by a 3 hr 30 min bike followed by a 30 min run. Then, on Sunday, I have a 2 hr 15 min run. What a weekend!

No comments: