Thursday, August 28, 2008

Race Wheels!

I just got the Zipp 303 race wheels put on today. They just make a bike look fast! I am so greatful that a friend I have been swimming with loaned them to me. Maybe someday I will get myself a pair of these, but there are so many things that are on my "triathlon want list". My trainer broke, or rather a part broke, this past weekend. I have been looking online for new parts, but have been unsuccessful. Maybe it is time for a new one!

Getting the wheels put on really means the race is near! I started getting a little nervous last Sunday, right at the beginning of taper of course! Instead of asking me why I am doing this Ironman (I have been asked this by just about everyone I know and don't know), I am getting asked, "what are you going to do when it is over". I honestly don't know. I may sign up for it again, I may concentrate on 1/2's next year, I may just do Olympic.

I cannot say I regret the time I spent working out this summer. I am lucky enough to be able to stay at home with my kids so I see them ALL THE TIME! I can say the last few long rides felt extra long. The swimming and the running never felt that bad to me.

Mike is not too keen on having more babies, so I need something to take up all this extra time!

No comments: