Monday, August 4, 2008

Wiped Out

I have been totally wiped out since the IM Wisconsin camp. For those that know me well I often deal with insomnia. Not this past week! I have fallen asleep right away. Apparently I have not needed the sleep until now! The workouts have been doable and some really good, but by 8pm I am ready for bed.

I rode the computrainer for the very first time last week. It is so much better than my trainer. Maybe I'll get one someday. I rode the Escape from Alcatraz course, which may be more hilly than Madison!

I had some really good workouts this weekend. I rode with someone on Saturday and kept my pace reasonable! When I ride alone, I ride at the very top of the heart rate zone I should be in. Saturday I was totally relaxed and needed that. Plus, the ride was only 3 hours so we were done in no time!

I had my hardest workout of the week on Sunday. It started with an hour easy spin on the trainer. Let me tell you, there is nothing on at 6am on Sunday. It was followed by a 3 hour run. On July 6th I did a 2 hr 20 min run. I did the same loop on Sunday and did it in 2 hours (and I was even walking evey 10 minutes to simulate my IM race). My dog was happy to be done at the 2 hour mark! So, my running has improved or I had a really good day or maybe a combination of both. I almost felt yesterday that my threshold HR is getting higher. I also actually swam this weekend. I usually do not get in my weekend lake swim, but with the IM 5 WEEKS away, I figure I should. I swam with a few other people at this lake about 30 minutes from my house. It was worth the drive for the nice clean water, no motorized boats and no chance of getting ticketed if we get caught!

Monday is my usual day off so when I went to Masters this morning my body was like WTF?!?! I got through the workout. Today was the first time in a long time where I felt tired in the water. All I can think about is 3 more hard weeks until taper!

What am I going to do with myself after IM?!?!

2 comments:

juliemac said...

Sounds like you are well on your way to WI Ironman!!
Those are some tough workouts, way to go!

Putting all the work in now, so you can have fun and just enjoy the race day! You are going to LOVE it!!

Its been great getting to know you at masters.

Anonymous said...

Alcatraz is a hard course on the Computrainer! I have ridden it many a time when I need a royal butt whooping. Keep up the great training!!!